Finding the best dutch oven volcano stove for your needs isnt easy. With hundreds of choices can distract you. Knowing whats bad and whats good can be something of a minefield. In this article, weve done the hard work for you.
33,732 reviews analysed
1. Volcano Grills 3 Grill/Stove Bundle Includes Lid and Cookbook, Grey
- 3-Fuels: propane, charcoal, or wood (connects to standard 20 pound propane tank, or adapter for portable bottles sold separately)
- Portable: collapses down to 5 inch, fits in carrying case for easy storage and transportation. Sets up in just seconds
- Safe and efficient: 19, 500 BTU burner. Efficient use of charcoal and wood in the patented cook chamber
- Most popular accessory, the lid has become a must-have! the lid is made of a durable, heat-resistant material and works trap and circulate heat in the volcano
- Detailed operational instructions
The volcano 3 collapsible propane grill is the most versatile and efficient grill on the market today. From the backyard to the great outdoors, or even your survival and emergency preparedness, this 3-fuel grill and stove allows you to cook whatever you want, whenever you want. Our most popular model for a reason, this volcano has 3-fuel capability, which sets it apart from all other outdoor cooking options. This unit combines the greatest variety of cooking options with easy portability. This volcano collapses down to 5 inch and is easily transported in the included storage bag. This model can be used with Charcoal, propane or wood and is highly efficient. Switch between propane, Charcoal, or wood in just seconds! grill a quick burger with the propane, then light up firewood to roast your marshmallows at the end of the day. The volcano is the last outdoor grill/stove you will ever need.
2. Volcano Grills VL-40-012 Cast Iron Vintage Style Dutch Oven for Camping, 8 quarts Black
40-012 Features: -Pre-seasoned and ready to use cast iron. -Domed-lid and inner basting rings. Product Type: -Dutch oven. Color: -Black. Material: -Cast iron. Shape: -Round. Lid Included: -Yes. Capacity: -8 Quarts. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -8″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -13.5″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -13.5″. Overall Product Weight: -22 lbs.
3. Volcano Grills 3-Fuel Portable Camping Stove/Fire Pit
- 3-Fuels: Propane, Charcoal, or Wood (connects to standard 20 pound propane tank, or adapter for portable bottles sold separately)
- Portable: Collapses down to 5″, fits in carrying case for easy storage and transportation. Sets up in just seconds.
- Versatile: grill, Dutch oven, wok, bake, roast, fry, fire pit
- Use for camping, tailgating, RV’s, emergency preparedness, survival, and prepping
- Safe and efficient: 19,500 BTU burner. efficient use of charcoal and wood in the patented cook chamber
The Volcano 3 Collapsible Propane Grill is the most versatile and efficient grill on the market today. From the backyard to the great outdoors, or even your survival and emergency preparedness, this 3-fuel grill and stove allows you to cook whatever you want, whenever you want. Our most popular model for a reason, this Volcano has 3-fuel capability, which sets it apart from all other outdoor cooking options. This unit combines the greatest variety of cooking options with easy portability. This Volcano collapses down to 5” and is easily transported in the included storage bag. This model can be used with Charcoal, Propane or Wood and is highly efficient. Switch between propane, charcoal, or wood in just seconds! Grill a quick burger with the propane, then light up firewood to roast your marshmallows at the end of the day. The Volcano is the last outdoor grill/stove you will ever need!
4. Volcano Grills 30-610 Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cookbook Recipes
- Contains everything you ever wanted to know about Dutch oven cooking
- and it is a great resource for cooking outdoors with your Volcano stove
- Pretty soon, cooking in your Dutch Oven and on your volcano will become second nature, just like cooking in a conventional kitchen
- More than 200 Easy To Read Recipes Includes: appetizers, breads, breakfast, main dishes, Sauces, and desserts
- Cooking with Propane, Charcoal, or Wood
- Multiple ways to cook in the Outdoors
30-610 Features: -Provides an easy step by step cooking process while using your volcano stove. Global Product Type: -Reference Books. Subjects: -Reading. Binding: -Softcover. Age Recommendation: -Adult. Language(s): -English. Reference Book Type: -Cooking. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -8.5″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -6″. Overall Product Weight: -0.5 lbs. Spine Thickness: -0.5″.
5. Lodge 8 Quart Camp Dutch Oven. 12 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Pot and Lid with Handle for Camp Cooking
- 8 QT. DEEP CAMP DUTCH OVEN. The Lodge portable “camp stove” is the pot that does it all. The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. The integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over the campfire.
- PRE-SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge provides pre-seasoned cookware with no synthetic chemicals; just soy based vegetable oil. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning becomes.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- CAMP COOKING 101. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Whether you’re roasting a chicken in the oven, or cooking chili over the campfire, Lodge has you covered with the included Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
Lodge Logic 8-Quart Cast-Iron Camp Dutch Oven
The Lodge portable “camp stove” is the pot that does it all. The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. The integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over hot coals. Includes Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 book.
From colonial hearth fires to the campfires of Lewis and Clark, cast iron camp ovens fed the colonists, helped tame the wilderness, and did their share in settling the American West. Cast iron cookware has long been treasures as sought after heirlooms, so much so that, when Lewis and Clark returned from their journey west, their trusted cast iron pots were among the few items making it back to civilization.
Like whiskey and tall tales, Lodge Cast Iron improved with age. There are few companies who can boast that products they made over 100 years ago remain in use today, and are still in high demand. You just won’t find anyone who knows camp oven cooking like Lodge. Our camp ovens have proven themselves with avid outdoorsmen and patio pioneers from Tennessee to Tokyo. When you create a meal in Lodge Cast Iron, you create a memory that lasts a lifetime.
Many of the pieces of cast iron cookware made in the Lodge Foundry over a century ago remain in use today.
The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes. It comes with a tight-fitting lid that helps lock in nutrition and flavor. This pre-seasoned Dutch Oven works like a charm right out of the box. Made of cast iron, this Dutch Oven evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Also, it retains heat better so your delicious meal remains warm for a long time. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron Dutch Oven looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. It features loop handles for convenient handling and the oven is easy to clean and maintain.
A simple Cast-Iron Dutch Oven, like the one your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware.
Many of the pieces of cast iron cookware made in the Lodge Foundry over a century ago remain in use today.
- Made of cast iron
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use
- Multi-functional cookware
- Virtually non-stick surface
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Easy to clean-hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
Superior Cooking Performance
Tightly controlled metal chemistry and exacting mold tolerances deliver consistent quality for even heating and superior cooking performance.
Hang Over Hearth or Campfire
Heavy gauge wire bale can be used for hanging the oven over the hearth or campfire.
Three integral legs allow the oven to be perfectly spaced over hot coals.
Snug Fitting Lid
Flanged to contain hot coals on top so the oven can be used for baking, stewing, and roasting. The versatile lid can be inverted for use as a griddle.
The right tool for searing, sauteing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, and frying.
Made of Cast-Iron
Cast-Iron is a form of cookware developed over a millennia ago remains as popular today as when it was used to prepare meals hundreds of years ago. Cast Iron is one of only two metals compatible with induction stovetops. Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating.
Can Be Used With a Variety of Heat Sources
At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire. Skillet may be used on various heat sources including gas, electric and induction. Seasoned cast iron can also be used on the grill or open fire and coals for camp cooking. Begin heating cookware on low and slowly bring heat up to medium or medium/high. Always remove cookware from the stovetop after cooking.
Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use.
Seasoning is a necessary step in using cast iron cookware. Oil is baked into the pores of the iron at the foundry to prevent rusting and to eventually provide a natural, non-stick cooking surface. Unlike synthetically coated cookware, it is possible to restore the cooking surface of cast iron.
Lodge uses a proprietary soy-based vegetable oil to season our cookware. The oil contains no animal fat or peanut oil. The seasoning is functional application and slight inconsistencies may appear in the seasoning finish. The inconsistencies will not affect cooking performance.
Easy to Care for
Easy: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil. It is very important to replenish the seasoning of your cast iron cookware by applying a thin layer of oil after each cleaning. Seasoning is an on-going process. The more you use cast iron, the seasoning is improved.
Using Your Lodge Cast Iron
Rinse with hot water (do not use soap), and dry thoroughly.
Before cooking, apply vegetable oil to the cooking surface of your pan and pre-heat the pan slowly (always start on low heat, increasing the temperature slowly).
Once the utensil is properly pre-heated, you are ready to cook.
TIP: Avoid cooking very cold food in the pan, as this can promote sticking.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Handles will become very hot in the oven, and on the stovetop. Always use an oven mitt to prevent burns when removing pans from oven or stovetop.
Care and Cleaning of your Lodge Cast Iron
After cooking, clean utensil with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. (Avoid putting a hot utensil into cold water. Thermal shock can occur causing the metal to warp or crack).
If you are having trouble removing stuck-on food, boil some water in your pan for a few minutes to loosen residue, making it easier to remove.
Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to the utensil while it is still warm.
TIP: Do not let your cast iron air dry, as this can promote rust.
Store in a cool, dry place. If you have a cover, or lid, for your utensil, place a folded paper towel in between lid and utensil allowing air to circulate. This prevents moisture from collecting inside the utensil, which can cause rust.
TIP: The oven is a great place to store your cast iron; just remember to remove it before turning on the oven.
NEVER wash in dishwasher.
If for some reason your utensil develops a metallic smell or taste, or perhaps rust spots (maybe a well-meaning relative washed your utensil in the dishwasher or with soap thinking they were being helpful), never fear. Simply scour off the rust using a very fine grade of sandpaper or steel wool and refer to our section on re-seasoning.
Re-Seasoning your Lodge Cast Iron
While maintaining the seasoning should keep your Cast Iron in good condition, at some point you may need to repeat the seasoning process. If food sticks to the surface, or you notice a dull, gray color, repeat the seasoning process:
Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. (It is okay to use soap this time because you are preparing to re-season the cookware).
Rinse and dry completely.
Apply a thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware (inside and out).
Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any dripping.
Set oven temperature to 350 � 400 degrees F.
Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
Bake the cookware for at least one hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven.
Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
Why should I choose Lodge cookware over other brands?
For over 112 years, Lodge has provided quality cast iron cookware and accessories, with a broad and innovative assortment. Our continued commitment to quality enables Lodge to offer a superior product line.
How is the diameter measurement of Lodge Cookware determined?
We measure from outside rim to outside rim across the top of the cookware, not the bottom.
What type utensils are recommended to be used with Lodge products?
We recommend using wood or silicone utensils to avoid scratching.
Why should soap or detergent not be used to clean cast iron cookware?
Soap and detergent are used to break down and remove oils. Since the seasoning of your cast iron consists of oil, cleaning with soap will strip or remove the seasoning from cookware.
Are there any types of food that are not recommended to be cooked in cast iron cookware?
Foods which are very acidic (i.e. beans, tomatoes, citrus juices, etc.) should not be cooked in a cast iron utensil until the cookware is highly seasoned. The high acidity of these foods will strip the seasoning and result in discoloration and metallic tasting food. Wait until cast iron is better seasoned to cook these types of foods.
Lodge is a Green Foundry:
Lodge is a zero hazardous waste stream foundry. Lodge designed a vegetable oil recycler for the seasoning process to reduce waste and unusable oil is recycled and used as biodiesel generator. Lodge uses recycled and biodegradable packing materials. Reuse of foundry sand used in the casting process is recycled and unusable sand, working to purify the water of the local streams and planting trees to improve air quality and beautification.
Lodge is the oldest family-owned cookware foundry in America. Since 1896, the Lodge family has been casting premium iron cookware at their Tennessee foundry. Starting with raw materials and finishing with their seasoning process, they continue to improve on the highest quality standards that go into every piece we make. As the sole American manufacturer of cast iron cookware, they are proud to carry on the legacy started by founder Joseph Lodge. Lodge doesn’t just make cast iron; they make heirlooms that bring people together for generations.
6. Overmont 6 Quart/9 Quart All-Round Camp Dutch Oven Camping Kettle Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Pot and Lid Griddle with Lid Lifter Handle for Camping Cooking BBQ Baking
- All-round Dutch Oven. The integral legs on both pot and lid allows the oven sit perfectly over the campfire, also make the lid a great griddle to fry meals. Moreover, cast iron pots are not coated in toxic chemicals, safe non-stick surface and can be used both on the stove and in the oven.
- Well Known as a Lifetime Pot. Compared with pots of other materials, Overmont dutch ovens are made of high quality cast iron, will last a lifetime (or more) if cared for properly. It can be a family pot also save much money for you.
- Energy-saving and Environmental Protection. Heat is evenly distributed and held, making it great for deep frying, searing, and baking. It also has the advantages of heat insulation and better sealing performance, so even a new camper can do great delicious roasted chicken with this pot.
- Intimate Lid Lifter. Considering the great weight of cast iron, Overmont equips a lid lifter for each of the dutch oven. Besides, the durable handle allows you to hang it over the open fire. We also design an eagle pattern on the lid as our Logo which means freedom, power, strength and desire for life.
- HOW TO CARE：Once you are done cooking on Overmont dutch oven, cleanup is pretty easy. Make sure to dry it completely after clean. While the pot is still warm, lightly oil the inside of the pan with your oil of choice. Again, a super thin coat is all you need. Use a cloth or paper towel to rub off any excess. Overmont dedicated to provide the best sporting experiences for the new generation outdoor sports enthusiasts. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any issue.
7. Volcano Grills 2 Fuel Charcoal & Wood Collapsible Stove
- Includes: Volcano Collapsible Grill, Charcoal/Wood Grate, Diffuser Plate, Top Grill, Storage Bag and Instruction Manual
- Works with: -Volcano Dutch oven-Volcano Skillet/grill-Volcano Lid
- Uses: Charcoal or WoodThe Collapsible Volcano combines a variety of cooking options with easy portability.
- As the name suggests, this Volcano model collapses down to 5 and is easily transported in the included storage bag
- The Volcano Collapsible Grill is the most versatile and efficient grill on the market today. From the backyard to the great outdoors, this 2-fuel cooker allows you to cook anything you want!
Volcano II Collapsible Stove is perfect for RV’s, Camping, Tailgate parties, beach parties, picnic fun and emergency preparedness. Volcano II is the perfect emergency companion. A vital necessity in an emergency situation. A method to cook, sterilize and heat. This is key to proper sanitation and nutrition. Limited quantity.
8. Volcano Grills Reversible Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle/Skillet
40-013 Features: -Pre-seasoned and ready to use cast iron. -Skillet side is great for pancakes, eggs. -Griddle side with ridges for chicken breast, sausage links, or hot dogs. Product Type: -Grill pan/Griddle. Shape: -Round. Size: -13″ or more. Color: -Iron. Primary Material: -Cast iron. Reversible: -Yes. Oven Safe: -Yes. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -18″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -13″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -0.5″. Overall Product Weight: -8 lbs.
9. Volcano Grills Propane Valve Adapter for 1 lb Disposable LP /Steak Saver
30-390 Features: Application: -Valve Adapter. Product Type: -Propane Valve Adapter. Finish: -Brass. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -3.5″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -1.5″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -1.5″. Overall Product Weight: -0.5 lbs.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Dutch Oven Volcano Stove for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!